Saturday 31 October 2015

As I say my byes

Yesterday we said our final goodbyes to our lovely loyal customers who have supported me and Mum in our tea room the past two years. It has been a fantastic two years and whilst I sit here reflecting on what has become an amazing chapter in my life I have both tears and smiles. It has been an absolute pleasure to provide a place for people and to bring the community together (in a crafty way).
I hosted a chat and crochet group where I simply provided a place, cake and tea! But out of this, great friendships have been formed. I know a lot of them will stay friends and that the group will continue just in a different venue (I will actually enjoy being a member). I am just so glad that my passion rubbed off and there are more people in Chapeltown picking up crocheting hooks and possibly the sewing machine too! I hope I can continue to provide the workshops and people are still interested to support this.
The past two years would not have happened if it had not been for the immense support we received! ill-health has determined our fate but with the less pressure of running the tea room I can focus my energy and time in my crafting side.
To all the people who have become my friend please do keep in touch. It maybe the end of the tea room but it's not the end of friendship. I will now have lots more time to blog and create once I hand the keys back to Network rail! Hopefully meet up over a coffee and cake, please do email me!

Lastly I want to say a big thank you to everyone who sent cards and gifts! WOW I have never received such kind words even my time in midwifery. The plea's of opening a tea room in a few years have cracked me up! The kind words expressed are keeping me sane. Each and every one of you will be remembered in my heart and mind and all the cards and gift tags I will be making a scrap book and will blog the photos!

xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment